Marble Springs State Historic Site was the last home of Tennessee's first Governor, John Sevier. This beautiful historic farmstead was acquired by Gov Sevier sometime between 1790 and 1795 and took its name for the Tennessee Rose Marble deposits and the six natural springs that are located on the property. Sevier lived on the farm until his death in 1815 at which time the family sold the property. The land continued as a working farm until it was turned into a state historical site in 1941. The site features the original two-story pine log house and a few other historic 18th-century buildings that have been transported — the Walker Cabin, a smokehouse and a loom house. Marble Springs offers tours, events and demonstrations, giving visitors a glimpse into late 18th and early 19th-century life. There is an admission price for touring the farmstead, but the beautiful trails are open to the public during visitor hours.